What Things Cost in 1949:
Gasoline: 26 cents/gal
Bread: 14 cents/loaf
Milk: 84 cents/gal
Postage Stamp: 3 cents
Stock Market: 200
Average Annual Salary: $3,600
Minimum Wage: 40 cents per hour
1949 Ford Tudor
TV-37 3" Television $99.95 New
- By August, 2,000,000 sets in US, with 720,000 in New York city alone.
- RCA steps up the development of its all-electronic color system.
- TV sales expand at a rapid rate -- are 600% ahead of 1948.
- DuMont 20" set is reduced to $999.
- Laws prohibiting the installation of TVs in automobiles are enacted.
- Captain Video debuts on the DuMont Network.
- Howdy Doody merchandising tops $11 million for the year.
The letterman jackets for girls, goalie gloves and ninja glove here for those who take interest in style as well as fashion. After that we provide a complete set of 220-702 Practice test that guides you in exact way so you will pass your real exams with flying colors of 000-115 Practice test resources.
[Pre-1935] [1935-1941] [World
[return to 1946-1949]